[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Feb 13 23:33:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 23:08:32 +0000
Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 10:23 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com

>> I have now tried 256 and it is quite good.

> "Good" depends on use case ;)

Absolutely, as I am now hearing.  A synth sound that used to be OK now
has crackling noises here and there.  It even has pitch alterations.The
synth does not like it at all.  I would have to put it back to 1024 for
synth use. Then 256 for acoustic guitar recording. Closing all apps and
rebooting in between...

I really have to understand how this works.  So, thanks again for the
information and the links.  Much appreciated.  Thanks to others who
have also replied.

> For curiosities sake, would you mind measuing the round-trip delay?
> (Assuming you have a loopback cable available and time :)
> I think you might be surprised... because I always am that its
> actually worse than we think, because I usually look at the software
> "theory" latency, instead of actually measuring :D

I will try it tomorrow. I'm curious about this.

Cheers.