[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Feb 14 01:18:27 UTC 2016

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

>> * Depends on soundcard, check output of
>> $ cat /proc/interrupts  and find the interrupt for the Delta1010
>
>> From 'lspci' I got it that the 1010LT is ICE1712, then
> /proc/interrupts is:
>
> 18: 132417 52953 35846 25609 IR-IO-APIC-fasteoi snd_ice1712

Thats good, your card is in a good slot.

> I will have to look into this a bit further since I have to compile
> jackd from upstream.  The current one in this system prevents Ardour
> from exporting audio.

do you have anything connected to the hw io while trying to export? the
PA-jack bridge has been reported to cause trouble there. see if:
pactl unload-module module-jackdbus-detect
from a command line makes export work. Ardour's HW should correct
themselves don't worry about thoses conenctions to hw.

If you do build your own jackd, make sure to fully remove the installed
version :)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net