[LAU] android 5.1 tablet klipad smart i745

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Feb 14 23:01:23 UTC 2016

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016, fred wrote:

> Le 14/02/2016 17:28, Len Ovens a écrit :
>>
>> In all honesty, Ardour's OSC code is not up to the functionality of
>> the it's mackie control code at this time.
>>
> To make long story short, theses days are not the good ones to try to do
> that?
>
> Anyway, many thanks for your reply guys :)

My work on Ardour MCP started this last July when I found bugs while
trying to set up
http://www.ovenwerks.net/hardware/3dollarcontrolsurface.html and
http://www.ovenwerks.net/software/mcpdisp.html
my very cheap control surface test platform. I started with MIDI becasue
that was the easiest thing for me as a new programer to deal with. I would
like to add code to my controller to speak OSC (and OCA) in the future
though I am not sure I will get there before I start doing some nicer HW.
Using two keys for a fader or encoder is tedious to say the least and
makes smooth transitions impossible :)

There have been improvements in OSC though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhr5BLH8AnM showssome of the latest
set of changes. There is lots of work to do in Ardour and few people to do
it, OSC has most definitely not been forgotten and is still getting
updated, but no one is working on it full time. Any improvements in the
OSC code will probably also help the generic midi code as well.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net