[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Feb 15 21:48:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

> On a related subject, I will have to build jackd from upstream

Have to? I can not think of any distros so bad you "have to" build jack,
even Ubuntu 14.04 is workable if broken and in that case there are PPAs
with a known good version. I use the broken version from 14.04 BTW, the
brokenness has not been that hard to work around. None of the problems you
have stated seem to stem from that bug anyway.

> sources.  Is it possible to launch jackd from the directory it was
> built, before doing a 'make install' ?

I would normally say ./jackd should do it fine. however, I do not know if
it uses libjack which would normally be grabbed from the installed
version. I am thinking that libjack is what clients use except I can think
of places a backend might use some of the same calls. a long winded way of
saying I don't really know.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net