[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 16 00:09:12 UTC 2016

On 02/15/2016 01:16 PM, Robin Gareus and jonetsu at teksavvy.com quoted and
wrote?:

>> On a related topic, eg. the impossibly to export, what would be the
>> cleanest way to grab the stereo output from Ardour to a file ?
>
> Just play it back and record the master bus output with "timemachine" or
> "jack_capture" or some other jack-audio recorder.

Having just discovered jack_capture's "-jt" (jack transport) option,
using it to record output of my DAW (Rosegarden) is very easy. Start
jack_capture, position the playback cursor in RG, then click the play
button on QJackCtl's Transport toolbar. :)

I presume Ardour can do the same thing.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com