[LAU] Updated to kernel 4.4.1, missing module snd_ice1712 -> no more envy24 support?

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Tue Feb 16 10:33:03 UTC 2016

Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2016, 02:19 -0700 schrieb Menno:
> thanks for the warning!
> I own a Delta1010, still working well (latency = 1.3 ms). It is
> getting
> harder to find a modern mobo with PCI, and not being able to update
> to 16.04
> may force me to look for a completely new system :(

Modern Intel-based mobos only offer PCI-support via PCI-Express which
doesn't work well with low latency. But if you look at the AMD side,
there are still several mobos that will support PCI directly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_chipsets#Fusion_controller_hu
bs_.28FCH.29

Greets!
Mitsch