[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:16:04 UTC 2016

On 15 February 2016 at 21:34, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:26:59 -0500, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
>>What can be seen is that qjackctl did not save in .jackdrc.  Onc ei
>>modified .jackdrc 'everything' is fine.
>
> QjackCtl > Setup... > Misc > Save JACK audio server configuration to
>
> There you can enable to save the settings to .jackdrc, but those are
> not the settings used by QjackCtl,

IIRC they aren't the settings used by jackdbus either?  I remember
having difficulty with it ignoring that file and using the settings
inside ~/.config/jack/conf.xml instead.  I had QJackCtl set to not use
DBus, but the client auto-start mechanism was using DBus - long time
ago now so might no longer be the case, but that was the cause of more
than a small amount of confusion! ;-)

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk