[LAU] (Ardour) was How to get rid ... - jack and pulseaudio

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Feb 17 14:18:42 UTC 2016

On 02/16/2016 11:10 AM, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> Am 15.02.2016 um 20:35 schrieb jonetsu at teksavvy.com:
>> I would not mind so much to start it manually after each reboot, if
>> only I also rely on the pulse jack sink that gets Magically (and that's
>> with an uppercase 'M') started at boot, which enables the use of vlc,
>> firefox for audio output and as such is convenient.  Starting jackd
>> from the command line works well, but no sink in sight !
>
> I'm using this script in order to make pulseaudio work smooth with
> (q)jack(ctl) start stop actions.
> https://github.com/brummer10/pajackconnect/blob/master/pajackconnect
>
> So I could select if I would run a session with pulseaudio involved, or
> with pulseaudio suspend, when I start jack.

Nice. A related thing which might be nice to add for jack1 users:

#!/bin/sh
alsa_request_device --pid $! Audio0 &
exec jackd -d alsa -d hw:0

That will not suspend pulseaudio, but instead tell PA to release the
specific device only (and connect to jack instead if the pa-jack module
is installed) for as long as jackd is running.

https://github.com/x42/alsa_request_device

best,
robin