[LAU] Jconvolver on Raspberry Pi

bricolodu jean.beauve at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:24:57 UTC 2016

Ok got it !

I did what you said, adding my sound card to the jconvolver config

/# Replace by whatever required...
#
/cd /root/folve/filter
#
#                 in out    partition      maxsize
# ---------------------------------------------------------------
/convolver/new    2    2        1024        65536
#
#
#              num   port name     connect to
# -----------------------------------------------
/input/name     1     in.L         hw:sndrpihifiberry
/input/name     2     in.R         hw:sndrpihifiberry
#
/output/name    1     out.L
/output/name    2     out.R
#
#
#               in out gain delay offset length  chan    file
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
/impulse/read   1  1  0.75    0      0       0    1    T-Monacor_SPH30X.wav
/impulse/read   2  2  0.75    0      0       0    1    T-Monacor_SPH30X.wav
#
/

and the procedure is now :
1/ start jack2 : jackd -d alsa -r 44100 -p 256 -n 16 -P -S exact ?
2/ start jconvolver : jconvolver filter-44100.conf
3/ Start squeezelite : squeezelite-arm -o jack

I get sound, and it is convoluted

However, now I would like to know if all this could be done without jack ?

I have the feeling the sound is not as good as what I got from BruteFIR or
from Folve
I don't want to use none of these as they both have their drawbacks.

Any idea os suggestion to make my setup better ?

Thank you and best regards,
Jean