[LAU] Jconvolver on Raspberry Pi

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Feb 19 19:18:19 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 03:24:20PM -0700, bricolodu wrote:

> I understand that I'm a little bit boring, but should I have a gui, it would
> have been more easy to understand.
> But I'm working headless, so only CLI.
> For you all this is obvious, for me, like a blind, it is not.
>
> Anyway I thank you for your efforts, and I think I will finish to make it
> right.

Could you PLEASE try to post only correct information.
In this message you write things that to me look impossible.
I have to guess all the time which error you made when writing
your message. This doesn't work !!!!

> /cd /root/folve/filter
> #
> #                 in out    partition      maxsize
> # ---------------------------------------------------------------
> /convolver/new    2    2        1024        65536
> #
> #
> #              num   port name     connect to
> # -----------------------------------------------
> /input/name     1     in.L        rawjack:out_000
> /input/name     2     in.R        rawjack:out_001
> #
> /output/name    1     out.L       system:playback_1
> /output/name    2     out.R       system:playback_2
> #
> #
> #               in out gain delay offset length  chan    file
> # --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> /impulse/read   1  1  0.75    0      0       0    1    T-Monacor_SPH30X.wav
> /impulse/read   2  2  0.75    0      0       0    1    T-Monacor_SPH30X.wav

This looks OK.

> So now the procedure is :
> 1/ Start Jack : jackd -d alsa -d -r 44100 -p 256 -n 2 -P -s
> 2/ Start jconvolver
> 3/ Start Squeezelite

I told you to start jconvolver *last*. If you start it before
squeezelight, the rawjack ports don't exist, so the connection
can not be made.

The means that the following can not be correct:

> I get sound.
>
> And here is the result of jack_lsp -c
> /system:playback_1
>    jconvolver:out.L  -> OK, I guess
> system:playback_2
>    jconvolver:out.R -> OK, I presume
> jconvolver:in.L
>    rawjack:out_000 -> OK,
> jconvolver:in.R
>    rawjack:out_001 -> OK,
> jconvolver:out.L
>    system:playback_1 -> ???
> jconvolver:out.R
>    system:playback_2 -> ???
> rawjack:out_000
>    jconvolver:in.L -> ???
> rawjack:out_001
>    jconvolver:in.R -> ???

There is nothing wrong with the last four, they are
the same as the first four. But these connections
can exist only if you start jconvolver last.

> Than, as There is a kind of mystery,

There is no mistery. These are the correct connections.

--
FA