[LAU] multitrack export midi type 0 (gramophone2) issue

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Feb 20 23:33:04 UTC 2016

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 14:50:43 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Feb 2016, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> computers. However, this even could be done with Qtractor, by simply
>> ignoring the sequencer's meter and recording with a high resolution,
>> IOW by using the sequence in the same way as an anlog tape recorder,
>> without quantisation, without a metronome given by the computer.
>
>If a metronome is needed it could be recorded with the same technique
>as the audio, one track for each. That way each of them could be
>turned off or on.

FWIW a musician should always care about the audience. When I was young
I made pop music, but was inspired by experimental music. For
example, kick and bass were two independent instruments for me, each
playing it's own line. An academic composer said, that I should play
kick and bass unisono. He was mistaken regarding some of my
compositions, especially since I composed mostly for myself, but he is
right regarding averaged pop music, especially when composed for an
audience. There's a vague boarder between well done and incompetence.
An audience of people who aren't musicians maybe would notice a bass
line independent of the kick in combination with a few other pitfalls,
as "too many (rhythm) instruments", "ten good songs in one odd song",
they don't notice the root, they just notice something unusual.