[LAU] Looking for Repeater/Stutter Plugin

Johannes Kroll j-kroll at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 16:01:56 UTC 2016

Hi!

I am looking for a repeater/stutter plugin. The effect is relatively
simple, basically a sound buffer of a user-defined length (probably
relative to song BPM) is recorded with incoming audio, then repeated on
command. I was looking through the plugins that come with KXStudio, as
I'm using Carla, but I didn't find one that does what I want.

Renoise has one built in. It's called Repeater. It's good, but I would
prefer a plugin version as I'm using Carla. And I'd prefer free
software.

There is 'pvsfreeze' which is a cool effect but it does something based
on FFT, which is not quite what I want.

Then there is Cabbage Stutter Filter. The GUI loads&looks OK in Carla
but I didn't get it to work. It doesn't output any audio no matter what
I do in the GUI. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

I wrote a simple softsynth before, Wolpertinger, so I could probably
develop a plugin like this myself. But as the effect is relatively
simple, someone must have already made something like this. I want to
use it in Carla, so the format doesn't matter much - native Linux VST,
DSSI, LV2 or LADSPA would all be fine. Does anybody know of such a
plugin? Or even a standalone JACK program?

Thanks!
J.