[LAU] The Parting Glass

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Tue Jan 19 22:23:46 UTC 2016

Over on Soundcloud Mark Bennett has posted an acapella recording of a
traditional Irish ballad, as an open collaboration project.

I found this song totally captivating so decided to try my hand.
This is what I achieved. I hope you like it.

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/The_Parting_Glass.ogg

Mark hasn't set any time limit so I'm sure he'd welcome more entries.

For those interested in such things...

I loaded Mark's audio into Rosegarden then played along on a MIDI keyboard.
The nature of the song meant that cheating with copy/paste wasn't an option
(which is actually a good thing) so I played through multiple times until I
had a feeling for the whole piece, then built up track by track.

In order of appearance:
Mark (of course)
Rushes
Wide Bass + Ghost Ensemble
Moor Drums
Post Horn

Ghost Ensemble in particular has a very slow attack, and Rosegarden's 'jog'
command came in very handy.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk