[LAU] Screen Capture Application

S D stephen.doonan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 17:10:56 UTC 2016

On Jul 7, 2016 9:34 AM, "Kjetil Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]

I think the problem I had with OBS (freeze requiring hardware reset button
to reboot computer) might have been caused by the fact that I have an
Nvidia graphic card (I now feel it might have been better to use an Intel
graphic card) but was using the open-source nouveau driver for the card
rather than the Nvidia proprietary driver.

I installed the Nvidia driver, rebooted the machine, and so far OBS is
working well and reliably, and in fact, I'm impressed with the flexibility
and features of OBS. As you mentioned, it will take some time to understand
and make efficient, knowledgeable use of the OBS streaming/screen-recording
application, but it seems to be much more full-featured and configurable
than the other screen-capture programs I've tried.

Thank you again for recommending OBS (Open Broadcasting Software)

https://obsproject.com

---