[LAU] [Music] Sans titre - Without title

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Jul 16 16:06:32 UTC 2016

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016, Robert Edge wrote:

> "Probably setting the MPAII to +4 and using the ADC level in mudita24 to keep the
> 1010 from clipping will give best results, but it would not hurt to try -10 also
> with the ADC level higher. Let your ears and meters judge."
>
> There is no actual analog volume control on the 1010LT's RCA inputs, it's just
> doing multiplication on the captured signal after the ADC.  If you are clipping
> the input turning the volume down in the software interface just gives you a
> scaled down version of the clipped signal.

good to know. I have not experienced this on the delta66, but my levels
may have been lower so it doesn't show up. Also I think the D66 is built
for +4 in any case.

> It is better to monitor the actual numbers coming off of the ADC chip.  That way
> 0 dbFS on your meter in Ardour or whatever is actually 0dbFS at the ADC.

Yes.

> In Envy24 control that means setting the 'analog volume' slider to 127, that's
> where you are actually seeing what's coming off the chip.  Above that and the

Or if you have a newer version of Envy24control (version 1.0.4 here) the
setting would be +0. (newer versions of envy24control are called mudita24)

> (been using a 1010LT on Linux since 2006 or so...)

Thank you for your correction. I have been using the D66 about as long,
but there are differences.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net