[LAU] Single core machines.

Carlos sanchiavedraZ csanchezgs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:40:21 UTC 2016

Hi Will,

> Is anyone still using such a thing for audio work?
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk
> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

Some time ago I was using an old Pentium IV PC (512 RAM) with Musix 3.x
(Debian 7) and it would worked quite well considering its low
specifications. I used it mainly for recording, editing, mixing, looper,
guitar FX, programming...

I also use a Raspberry PI (first model, model A 256 RAM) but more for
multimedia center (running XBMC or similar), Looper, guitar FX processor
and such, but not for editing or mixing (running Raspbian). But it also
works quite decent.

My 2 cents.