[LAU] [Music] The Silver Walks

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Jul 29 18:13:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 13:28:04 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Buy yourself an Ableton Push 2. You can use it today with Bitwig, and
> next month with Ardour 5. Use it in "in-key" mode and every note you
> hit will be in key. It is like magic! :)

Since I do not know what Push 2 is (not to mention Push 1 :) I took a
look, since you mention it works with Bitwig.  Sure, it looks sleek.
Reasonable affordable.

One bit of the blurb from Ableton goes like this:

"Making music is hard. To stay in the flow, you need to be able to
capture your ideas quickly..."

The need to capture ideas quickly, OK, but with some reservation (1).
But, making music is hard ??  Come on.  In a general sense no, it's
not.  Everyone can make music.  I presume they meant making money from
music, could it be ?

(1) Yes, capturing ideas on the fly is nice although I find it should
not become a limit by itself.  I mean, the source of the ideas is much
more important than the ideas that are produced.  Being able to go
through improvisations and saying well, that was good and feeling great
without anything having being recorded and knowing that it would
certainly not be reproduced as is (or even close to what it was) is
also very great.  It is very great at the moment, but also great to
maintain in shape the source.

Cheers.