[LAU] [Music] jam25 feat. Wavedrum solo

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Jul 30 20:24:42 UTC 2016

Here is yet another improvisation, this time featuring a Wavedrum
solo.  Dusted off the Wavedrum, plugged it, and played a few 'notes'.
The improv is built around a percussion loop to which a synth adds
basic chordal colors. Guitars, vibraphone, bass drum, snare, strange
metallic sounds, find their way.

All was sketched and recorded in Bitwig then all individual tracks
imported in Mixbus 32C to actually try to remove a few things, let the
sounds breath a bit more by themsleves, trying not to compete for the
same sonic spots.  All work at that stage was done usign the imported
audio - not additional playing. I mostly did this starting out as a
mixing exercise.  The outcome is pleasurable, and so I'd like to
share.

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam25

Exported without normalization.

Integrated loudness: -18.8 LUFS
Loudness range:        7.6 LU
Peak:                 -1.9 dBFS
True peak:            -1.9 dBTP

Instruments
 Perc loop : Wave Alchemy Afrcan Rythms Sabar Loop Waar Perc
 Main synth : Zebra2 - OoA - Zebramatic Stylus
 Vibraphone : Pianoteq - Vibraphone V-B Bright
 Bass drum : Wave Alchemy Free - RytmKick 001
 Brush : Wavedrum
 Bass : ZebraHZ - Unfinished - Elysium - BS Thales
 Snare :  Wave Alchemy Free - Tanzbar Clap 01
 Shiraki acoustic guitar : rythmic and solo
 Wavedrum Solo : Koto Suite
 Pitched sounds : Discovery Pro : Prosounds Epiphany - Pad Subltemotion
 Metal perc : Zebra2 - OoA - Phobia - FX Priest of Steel

Track processing
 MFM2 : rythmic guitar

Reverb bus
 u-he free protoverb