[LAU] Seq24 - 0.8.7, 0.93, Seq42 or maybe something else?

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vivaldi.net
Sun Jun 5 12:09:38 UTC 2016

Hi folks!

Long time, so see! I'm back again after another heart attack and a diabetes
diagnosis. But I'm feeling better that I did even several years ago. Well,
thats enough self pithiness, here is my case:     :-)

I have decided to test Seq24 again as a creative, effective and efficient MIDI
sequencing tool for composing and arranging. But over the years, I have found
it unstable enough to destroy my creative flow when I'm in that mood. That
situation also goes also for the 0.92 one at the Seq24 project site at
launchpad.net.

So before I try 0.93 and get it under my skin, how about Seq42 or even
something else? I'm very comfortable with Rosegarden, but Seq24 is probably
the fastest thing to use and setup when one quickly want to put some tracks
together for creative usage or arranging.

What do you find easiest and best to use when only focusing to make tracks and
arrangements as fast as possible?  What do you use and what do you think?

Jostein