[LAU] Scripting jackd connections

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 15 09:09:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:49:40 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> For my scripts I'm using aj-snapshot.
>> http://aj-snapshot.sourceforge.net/
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aj-snapshot/
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/aj-snapshot
>
>Interesting utility, however, the OP says that due to some
>dynamic behavior in his system related to hotplugging, each
>configuration will be unique.

The OP's description is vague. The OP needs to describe more precisely
what is changing and what always stays the same.
Some apps allow to enable/disable PIDs in the client name, resp. to use
individual names. Instead of hw:n it's possible to use audio device
names. By "options snd slots" in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf it's
possible add placeholders. Assumed each configuration should be
completely unique, than it can't get restored. Some elements of the
connections always must have things in common. FWIW a script even
could launch QjackCtl. If one tool can't do it all, then a combination
of tools might be able to do it. It's even possible to change audio
device names, unfortunately not for MIDI devices.

Regards,
Ralf