[LAU] qtractor behavior -- tempo map

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Jun 22 15:55:44 UTC 2016

On 06/22/2016 04:32 PM, tom haddington wrote:
> Hello, All--
>
> i've set up a tempo map for my midi tracks in qtractor:
>
> ms. 1: 3/4
> ms. 2: 4/4
> ms. 4: 2/4
> ms. 5: 5/4
>
> That holds for a while, and then qtractor keeps changing the tempo map
> to a unform 3/4 or 5/4.  i change the map, only to have qtractor
> correct me, later.  Does anybody know why this happens?

the tempo/time-signature changes are perfectly evident visually over the
whole canvas: in your case, bars (or measures) should be shown as being
divided by 3, 4 (x2 bars), 2 and 5 beat (or grid) notches.

all these tempo/time-signature changes should be also evident on the top
time ruler--although in a dimmed gray color--unless it's all way
zoomed-out enough to not showing the otherwise overlapping text labels;
though, all tempo-map changes are still effective, only not visually.

may or can you show what's really happening on you there? some
screen-shot or whatever?

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela