[LAU] Piano composition - Lost Isle (& LV2 plugins)

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Thu Jun 23 00:38:28 UTC 2016

S D wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2016 2:51 PM, "Glen MacArthur" <info at bandshed.net> wrote:
>>
>> That said if you have your finger on the pulse of Linux Audio
>> development
>> then Ardour and a hand-picked assortment of steadily-improving FLOSS
>> plugins can also get you there if you prefer the scenic route.
>
> My finger is not nearly as heavily on the pulse of Linux Audio development
> as are those of so many of the members of the Linux-Audio-Users list and
> community that I admire. Would you care to list a few of your favorite LV2
> plugins, of the many fine plugins and collections available? :-)
>
> Steve

Hmmm,

That's a tough one, my needs are pretty limited to EQ and dynamics, I
don't use a lot of effects and I am next to illiterate about synthesis of
any kind so the list will be short.

I'll have to admit to being a huge consumer/fan of the commercial linuxDSP
(now OverToneDSP) products but since: (a) The developer no longer supports
LV2 and (b) Seemingly he is quickly distancing himself from Linux support
even on the VST platform I guess talking about them is really not
beneficial in any forward-looking sense which is very unfortunate.

My 'desert island' list:

LADSPA:

Steve Harris' - Fast Lookahead Limiter, Barry's Satan Maximizer
(indispensible!)
CAPS - Plate Reverb
Fons Adriaensen's - Stereo Reverb

LV2:

Robin Gareus' - X42 Plugins set especially the FIL EQ LV2 version
Robin Gareus' - SetBfree Hammond B3 Emulation - Absolutely killer!
Calf Plugins  - Vintage Delay, Limiter, Rotary Speaker, Bass Enhancer,
Stereo Tools, Exciter, Saturator
falkTX - Carla Plugin Host for hosting SFZ, GIG and SF2 libraries
DISTRHO - TAL Dub, Reverbs and NoiseMaker, MVerb Reverb
Damien Zammit - GEQ31
Guitarix Team - VibroChump amp modeler, some good reverbs, delays,
tremolo's and fuzzes

I'm sure many would call this list inadequate but those are my go-to's.

Glen