[LAU] speaker frequency response measurement and display

Gerhard Zintel gerhard.zintel at web.de
Sat Jun 25 12:35:35 UTC 2016

On Sat 25 June 2016, Ben Rouits wrote:
>> I want to display the frequency response (amplitude, impedance and
>> maybe phase) of my self-build speakers on my homepage. I like the
>
> I am using qloud to do that. it compiles over Qt4, Qwt and jackd.
> sources are available at http://gaydenko.com/qloud/

Hi Ben,

thanks for the hint. I just tried to compile qloud myself and failed
with message:

----------- snip ------------------
ExcitForm.cpp:98:20: error: ‘class QwtCounter’ has no member
named ‘setSingleStep’
     this->fMinCnt->setSingleStep(1);
                    ^
ExcitForm.cpp:119:20: error: ‘class QwtCounter’ has no member
named ‘setSingleStep’
     this->fMaxCnt->setSingleStep(1);
----------- snip ------------------

Have you been able to compile latest version (1.0) without problems?
I've installed all the mandatory development packages so far. I might
have to contact the author.

Thanks
Gerhard

<small rant>
I love Linux a lot and are exclusively using it for 15 years now - but
it's a real pity that you can not launch old executables at all later
distributions easily. Otherwise authors could offer a binary
additionally to the sources that would save possible users a lot of
headaches. In Windows mostly all old *.exe programs from XP area are
running fine under Win7 or above and if you try to get the latest
e.g. gnuplot versions running (fill in program of your choice) that
is not yet in your distribution it's much more easy for a Windows
user to do so as executables are available than for a Linux user..
<\rant>