[LAU] Tunning was Piano composition - Lost Isle (& LV2 plugins)

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Jun 25 16:24:46 UTC 2016

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 09:08:19 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2016, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
>
> > With 432Hz, all other note frequencies of our scales are whole
> > numbers whereas with 440 they are fractional (apart from A 440).
> >
> > Hence, 432 attracts many people promoting 'health energy' and
> > related concerns.

> This assumes that the measure of a second is somehow natural... maybe
> there are natural seconds and standard seconds...

I presume that when we measure waves, be them brain waves, musical
notes, cellular transmission waves, etc, that our own observation,
based on the oscilloscope, imposes our own view at the same time.
Maybe there are no seconds at all in 'nature'.  There is no
delimitation between that moment and the immediate previous one that
can be made.  All a continuous flow.  'ooom nama nama ooomm'

I knew Steve Hillage was on to something.