[LAU] [Music] jam15

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Sun Jun 26 22:40:39 UTC 2016

jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

> This one has a slight jazzy feel to it.  An improvisation.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam15
>
>  Electric piano comp: Pianoteq w1 Comp
>  Bass:                DiscoveryPro custom patch
>  Main drums:          Mark Fletcher Jazz Drums
>  Congas:              Wave Alchemy Afro Latin Percussion vol 02
>  First solo:          ZebraHZ - CSBO 4th
>  Second solo:         Zebra2 Colin Neff - Formant Horn
>  Ambiance:            Bazille Valis - Yotei
>
> Recorded using Bitwig clips, exported as individual tracks then mixed
> in Mixbus 32c. Bass: AF210 EQ, Main drums: XT-DC, Formant Horn: XT-VC,
> W1 piano: PTC-2A.  Reverb: Protoverb on separate bus.  Stereo bus:
> Dyno-mite, XT-ME.  Exported sans normalization.  Made from scratch in a
> bit less than 5 hours.
>
>  Integrated Loudness: -17.1 LUFS
>  Loudness range:        3.1 LU
>  Peak                  -1.0 dBFS
>  True Peak             -1.0 dbTP
>
> Cheers.

Hi,

An interesting piece for sure, very polyrhythmic especially once the
congas get involved. Well mixed and produced as well. I'm not sure if I
love how the lead 'horns' play with against the polyrhythm in a few
places, the timing seems too 'straight' and forced against the beat, but
hey if it's improv, that's how it went down!

Nice job!