[LAU] Keeping an audio channel open

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Jun 30 03:41:19 UTC 2016

I'm running an older linux (I think it's ubuntu 14.? or something ... I
could check if it makes a difference) on a laptop as a karaoke box. Really
simple: Select a song and play it out though the built-in audio to an amp
(well, a bit more complex since the file is a midi and it's played via
timidity).

I find that the start of every song presents some distortion for about a
second. I'm assuming that it has to do with the audio port being opened or
initialized.

Any thoughts on this?

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****