[LAU] DFasma 1.4.4 - A tool to analyse and compare audio files in time and frequency

Gilles Degottex gilles.degottex at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:35:18 UTC 2016

It is also quite similar to Sonic Visualiser, but I couldn't find a way to
"stack" waveforms in order to compare them in SV. Though, I might have
missed the option to do it, i.e. I'm not saying I did a deep software
review before starting DFasma ...

Cheers,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
wrote:

> And maybe compare and contrast with sonic visualiser?
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Philip Yassin <philcm at gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't quite understand what it does (sounds quite magical - and looks
>> really neat - though, could you give use quick use cases, when would who
>> needs it?) but it made into a news item on LMP
>> <http://libremusicproduction.com/news/20160311-dfasma-144-released>
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On 03/10/2016 09:37 PM, Gilles Degottex wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I felt we lack a light, quick and efficient tool to compare waveforms.
>> DFasma is quite convenient for inspection of results of synthesis and
>> modification tasks on voice signals.
>>
>> Homepage:
>> http://gillesdegottex.github.io/dfasma/
>>
>> Downloads:
>> https://github.com/gillesdegottex/dfasma/releases
>>
>> * Shows spectrogram, amplitude spectrum, phase spectrum and group delay.
>> * Can play a filtered sound given a selected frequency band.
>> * Rectification of the spectrogram tilt (cepstral lifting).
>> * Can create and edit fundamental frequency (F0) files (thanks to REAPER).
>> * Can create and edit segmentation files.
>> * Can load about 25 different audio formats (thanks to libsndfile).
>> * Everything runs under Linux, Mac OSX  and Windows.
>>
>> Have fun ! And any type of feedback is welcomed of course.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gilles

>> --
>> Philippe "xaccrocheur" Yassinhttp://manyrecords.comhttp://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur / https://github.com/xaccrocheur