[LAU] UB MADI working great on Linux

anders.vinjar at bek.no anders.vinjar at bek.no
Wed Mar 16 14:27:27 UTC 2016

Just a quick note here, to report success using the UB MADI with Linux
(Fedora 22, 4.4.4 kernel).

Doing some Ambisonics concerts in Bergen last week, needing 36 channels
output, the technician had set up DigiCo's UB MADI connected to the rig.

Everything plug & play: wiring the UB MADI to a usb-port, firing up
QJackCtl to look for hardware, choosing the found 'hw:MADI' from the
popup-menu, starting the server, and 48 I/O were available the rest of
that week :-) (i didn't use any of the inputs myself).

Bonus, we were 3 people running 3 computers for separate parts of the
program, hot swapping worked seamlessly during 3 days of heavy
rehearsals and concerts.

-anders