[LAU] AutoTuner / Vocoder / low latency

ORL orl at ammd.net
Sat Mar 19 18:05:15 UTC 2016

Hi!

I'm trying several things with pitch correction and shifting on vocals
these last days. It's for live purpose, and for rap music, so I've to
come to something with a rather small latency.
What I need is basically a pitch shift up to 1.2 and/or down to 0.8. If
possible, I'd like to get audible autotune correction as well. If
possible, also, I would like to be able to pitch farther from time to time.

AM pitchshifter gives interesting things, but I lose a lot of "sparse"
in the vocals when pitching down, so I'm trying to find something a bit
different.
Autotalent gives good results in terms of sound, but the latency it
implies is simply out of question for live rap music.
VocProc doesn't work for my purposes.
zita-at1 is quite well, but I cannot shift from more than 2 semi-tones,
which is not really enough.

Have you other ideas?

Maybe I will try to patch zita so that it might shift more than 2
semi-tones, but I'm not sure it will work correctly.

Thanks a lot
ORL

--
ORL