[LAU] Linux VST/VSTi list updated (Discovery Pro)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 22:26:54 UTC 2016

Greetings,

On 03/20/2016 05:22 PM, Christopher Arndt wrote:

re: Discovery Pro :

> I just tried to test it, but I can't even get Carla to scan the
> plugin, even with processing checks turned off. It just hangs without
> any error messages to the console. I was trying to use the 64 bit
> version on Arch Linux. Discovery (no Pro) Demo scans and starts fine,
> but the context menus are missing the text. Same situation with
> Tracktion as the host: Discovery Pro 64 scan hangs, Discovery has same
> display errors.

I'm using registered versions of Discovery and DPro in Bitwig 1.3.6. BW
has no display problems with either synth. Sound-wise, the Pro version
works well with my hardware, but some patches are major CPU hogs, even
on a 6-core 3.5 GHz box. I agree that the synth needs an optimization
for multicore CPUs. I also have some of the u-he synths, including Diva.
Some of its patches are heavy hitters too, but overall it's a better
performer. u-he's ACE and Hive also perform very well, in Bitwig and
Ardour4.

Best,

dp