[LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Mar 23 22:06:36 UTC 2016

On 03/23/2016 10:40 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> (*) I put them either on the same line or in the same column.
> This provides strong visual cues to code structure. For those
> who don't like that there are tools to change this to whatever
> scheme they like without much effort.

Well, one can argue over style all day..

The unwritten rule is to follow the coding style of the project that one
contributes to (if you like that style or not). But if you have to
change the style please keep it separate:

Pretty much all FLOSS projects out there (and I imagine most proprietary
projects too) separates NO-OP whitespace changes from actual code
changes and most of them refuse to merge changes that mix both in a
single commit or patch to some degree.

That helps a lot to review code changes.

ciao,
robin