[LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Mar 24 12:46:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:13:37 +0100
Hanspeter Portner <dev at open-music-kontrollers.ch> wrote:

> There is no 'THE JACK', JACK1 and JACK2 are equivalent implementations
> of the same API with slightly different feature sets. People choose
> the one that suits their needs.

In practical terms the distro will have one by default.  In this case
here, jackd2.  I guess it is possible to uninstall jackd2 and then
install jackd1, although when going through the comparison chart at the
URL you provided, jackd2 has several plusses: SMP support, PulseAudio
inter-operability, and app connection/disconnection w/o audio
disruption. I presume the PA compatibility made the choice for Linux
Mint.