[LAU] AV Linux 2016 Released!

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Mar 24 13:24:48 UTC 2016

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:33:06 -0700
"Glen MacArthur" <info at bandshed.net> wrote:

> Hello LAU's

... or as Germans would say during Fastnacht Carnivals:  Hellau !

> Just passing along the release of AV Linux 2016. This is a completely
> new version from the ground up based on Debian Testing with a custom
> RT Kernel and now includes the great work of falktx and his KXStudio
> Repositories.
>
> The User Manual is here:
> http://www.bandshed.net/pdf/AVL2016.3UserManual.pdf
>
> The Release Announcement is here:
> http://www.bandshed.net/2016/03/23/avl2016/
>
> The AVL website is here:
> http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/

This becomes very tempting to go through the downtime of installation.
The UG mentions that there's no pulseaudio integration/support.  I do
not mind not seeing PA but, does this have any effect on regular audio
use such as firefox and youtube/soundcloud ?