[LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Mar 30 21:40:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 10:29:05PM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:18:48 +0000
> Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> That's horrendous :(
>
> Is someone perhaps working with a mixtures of spaces and tabs? A sure fire way
> to screw up indents as soon as you edit anything.

Jack's code apparently uses tabs (of 8 char) and that's why
I did the same; normally I don't, and I use a 4 char indent.
(for this and the previous post I 'untabified' the code.)

> P.S.
> I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one who likes opening and closing braces on
> their own line, with matching indent.

AFAIK, placing a { at the end of a line is something from
the times when each byte would cost half a dollar.
But I can live with that. But not with indentation that
completely obfuscates code structure. I had good reason
to modify the layout of the code where I did that, it
was a mess to start with.

Ciao,

--
FA