[LAU] [OT] Compiling ncurses with gcc5

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Mar 31 21:42:18 UTC 2016

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 23:15:29 +0200 (CEST)
Ffanci Silvain <silvain at freeshell.de> wrote:

> Will Godfrey, Mar 31 2016:
> > I've done a bit of hunting around the 'net and found there is ncurses V6.0 out
> > there.
> >
> > I was able to configure and build it with GCC5.3 without any problems - I
> > didn't install it because I dont want to change my exisiting setup. However,
> > the original .tgz file is only 3M so I can email it to you if your email
> > provider accepts attachments that big.
> Hey hey Will,
> did you get ncurses from the gnu.org site? I got that too. Which configure options did you give? If you got ncurses from another place, not affiliated with the ncurses project, I'd like your tarball, otherwise, there's something else wrong here.
>
> Ta-ta
> ----
> Ffanci

I *think* it was the official site. Can't find the links I followed now :(

I didn't set any configure options just did ./configure
What options did you use?

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.