[LAU] ZynAddSubFX Usability Survey

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun May 1 12:15:46 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I thought using loops was cheating, so I programmed my own using samples.
> I then thought using samples was cheating, so I recorded real drums. I then
> thought that programming it was cheating, so I learned to play drums for
> real. I then thought using bought drums was cheating, so I learned to make
> my own.

This is where your path to enlightenment went wrong. The next step, which
took you toward only butchery, goat shit and confusion, was misguided. Your
task was to learn enough physics and coding to be able to implement
physically modelled drums in your computer, thus allowing you to avoid
killing (and raising goats) entirely.

Of course, the problem is that soon after that, you'll need to build your
own silicon fabrication plant, because using motherboards and processors
made by others is cheating too.