[LAU] Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK mixer/interface

Robert Edge thumbknucklerocks at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:59:19 UTC 2016

> Users of cheapest mixing consoles usually don't really need inserts or
> patchbays. As soon as you have got a good reason for inserts, you most
> likely have got a good reason, to get a more expensive mixer and
> perhaps patchbays in addition. More expensive mixers might not need
> inserts either, because you might get modules for the channels, that
> could replace the inserted gear. Each insert provides a contact
> surface, that could cause issues, if no external equipment is connected.

I dunno man, I've mixed a few hundred shows on boards ranging from this
sort of a thing up to fancy Midas/Yamaha/Crest gear.  The lack of inserts
would be a deal breaker for me and anyone else who has ever needed to put a
gate on the kick drum at the local rock bar.  Or a compressor on the bass
or snare, or some dedicated processing on the lead vocal.  These are the
sorts of things people are doing every day on gear just like this.

Do the 2 aux's that are routed to the effects also have analog outs or are
you stuck with whatever is built in?  That would probably be a deal breaker
as well.

Looks like a nice project studio interface.