[LAU] RFV: LV2 Gtk2 UIs crashing Qt5 QTractor and MusE at same place

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon May 2 14:38:55 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2 May 2016, Tim E. Real wrote:

> Hi list. Requesting verification of a bug:
>
> After upgrading from *buntu 14.04 LTS to 16.x, the LV2 Gtk2 UIs
> such as Calf and others crash upon opening them in both
> Qt5 QTractor and Qt5 MusE-3, at these similar calls:

Hmm, was going to say not a problem here... however, the about box tells
me the default qtractor in 16.04 is not qt5 (after they made such a noise
about making sure qjackctl was qt5) My complaint is more along the lines
that so few plugins get listed. I have a lot more lv2 plugins than show
up. So I am wondering where I have plugins that qtractor doesn't look.

I do know that one difference from 14.04 to 16.04 is that gcc5 was
introduced and that complicated things for plugins which need to match the
host, but I have not had that problem either.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net