[LAU] MIDI controllable video player

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Wed May 4 10:23:26 UTC 2016

Hi there!

For my work as an event technician, the use of an MIDI-controllable
video player would ease my life. I don't mean xjadeo, which can sync to
mtc - wich is cool, but doesn't fit to my setup. I mean something like
playing a note on a keyboard signals the player to play, pause or stop
the video, another note to switch to the next video in the playlist,
and so on...

Maybe, there's already a plugin for mplayer or xine that can do this?
My experiments with vlc didn't succeed...

Greets!
Mitsch