[LAU] MIDI controllable video player

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed May 4 13:11:36 UTC 2016

On 05/04/2016 12:23 PM, Michael Jarosch wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> For my work as an event technician, the use of an MIDI-controllable
> video player would ease my life. I don't mean xjadeo, which can sync to
> mtc - wich is cool, but doesn't fit to my setup. I mean something like
> playing a note on a keyboard signals the player to play, pause or stop
> the video, another note to switch to the next video in the playlist,
> and so on...

Well, xjadeo can be controlled by OSC [1], seek to frame, start/stop
playback, load next video. For cave installations additional features
[2] (zoom, time-scaling, loop etc) are available.

There is no direct built-in playlist support, however and transport
play/pause uses jack-transport for timing.

To make allow midi-keyboard interaction various midi to OSC solutions
are available e.g. OSC2MIDI [3], or jackmidi2osc [4],...

best,
robin

[1] http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/osc.html
[2] http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/addons.html