[LAU] Isao Tomita

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue May 10 07:23:21 UTC 2016

On 05/08/2016 10:43 PM, Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
> On 08/05/16 14:48, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> The man who first inspired me with synthesised sound and music is no
>> more :(
>>
>> R.I.P. Mr Tomita. You've more than earned it.
>
> Isao Tomita is one of the musicians that I only discovered
> all-too-recently. I eagerly caught up with his discography, and my
> favourite work of his is the Planets suite. Will be listening to that
> today.

I met his version of Pictures At An Exhibition while I was in high
school. I was studying that piece on piano with my piano teacher.

According to the Wikipedia article, his vinyl version of The Planets is
"rare".

I have both of those on original vinyl, now just need to get my
turntable working again.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com