[LAU] Isao Tomita, synthesizer music

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat May 14 06:08:24 UTC 2016

On 05/13/2016 01:59 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

> To bring it 'home' a bit, if only by the nationality, and by keyboard
> playing :
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDzNChROeY
>
> Japanese female trio Ars Nova, two keyboard players, drummer.  Live in
> Mexico. Sound is not good, but the intention is there.  Move away, Keith
> Emerson.

There are better quality vids of Ars Nova on YT, in terms of sound.
Can't point anyone at them because I downloaded them.

I wouldn't says "Move away, Keith Emerson." Their keyboard players are
good, but not that good. Also not particularly inventive when it comes
to sound. But they do put on a good show.

Note about them. They often paint themselves as an all-girl band. Yet in
a number of their concert vids, there's a man playing drums off in the
shadows. Does make me wonder if he's covering up for their drummer.

Just to avoid confusion with the other Ars Nova (American prog rock) band:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars_Nova_%28Japanese_band%29

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com