[LAU] M/S processing w/o 'convenient' plugins

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat May 21 15:50:49 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 03:58:24PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >> But from were do come stereo signals in the field?
> >
> >A stereo microphone (or equivalent setup) for example.
>
> Yes, that already was pointed out by Jörn's explanation. I'm right
> there with you.
>
> However, if you're using double sided large membrane mics you could
> stepless chose directionality.

*IF* you have that type of mic, and *IF* you can place it
exactly where you want it, and *IF* you can control the
placement of the performers, yes then maybe you can avoid
having to correct the stereo image. Ever done any real-life
recording ?

> If you're using headphones as microphones, you'll experience issues
> that can't be fixed, what ever technique you'll use.

And if you write stupid arguments you'll experience being
ignored.

> >> If you have access to all components, M/S processing doesn't
> >> make sense. How can one disagree with this?
> >
> >Because it's not true.
>
> Then give an example.

I already did. You don't seem able to read, or to understand it.

Ciao,

--
FA