[LAU] Question on Active Sensing message.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue May 24 00:55:54 UTC 2016

Robert - we went over this on IRC.

Contrary to you apparent pre-existing belief, *most* MIDI equipment does
NOT send active sense messages. I don't know what you're trying to
accomplish (you said you planned to write your own software), but if it is
based around the idea that MIDI gear sends active sense messages when
connected, it isn't going to work in the general case.

--p

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Robert Wolf <robert at haesemathematics.com.au