[LAU] Music (and Video) Made with Linux - Rated Blue Live

Glen MacArthur info at bandshed.net
Tue May 24 01:41:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

This past March my band 'Rated Blue' had a CD Release party for our EP
'Three Walls Down' we set up 3 cameras and filmed it and I hadn't looked
at the footage until recently when I decided to take a stab at editing it
with Cinelerra-CVA (the custom version found in AV Linux). In addition I
post-processed the camera Audio in Ardour 4.7 from the 3 camera audio
tracks.

The videos range from clips to full songs and feature some original songs
from Three Walls Down, some songs to be on our next full length album to
be recorded this summer and some of our favorite covers.

I've kind of lost all objectivity about the actual songs and performances,
but we had a great turnout of over 100 people for the show and I got to
share the stage with both family and friend so to me the footage is worth
preserving for that reason alone.

Despite all the bitching out there about Cinelerra Video Editor I found
working with it and managing and aligning 3 separate streams of
audio/video + titles to be very easy, straightforward and so far with
about 20+ hours of editing time invested I've only had one crash. Post
production of the Audio in Ardour was also effortless as expected. Lastly
the overlay titling was done in GIMP. The OS used was AV Linux 2016 64bit.

For anyone interested in having a look check out our Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRnzR1xKKy4wjnJIDMeY2wA

Thanks, Glen