[LAU] realtime priority - FIFO vs Round Robin and scheduling

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:11:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <
nova at deviator.si> wrote:

> in very near future I plan to do some stress tests with only
> SuperCollider doing audio-intensive work and triggering Processing at
> the same time. we'll see how that goes if I take Renoise out of
> equation.

Good plan. Note that just a cpu-burn program will not stress the network,
disk or other parts - try a cpu burn while also downloading something large
and copying some files while running "sync" every few seconds :)

> ha, also discovered there's a separate tuning list
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-tuning

Most recent post - 2012. Although there is a huge amount of info available
about latency tuning and related topics, lots of it is outdated now
unfortunately.

-Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com