[LAU] render a spectrogram with logarithmic frequency axis from bash

Ffanci Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Mon May 30 21:32:31 UTC 2016

Peter P., May 30 2016:
> Is there any
> solution that can be used on a shell without gui, and that is slightly
> less work than writing it in Octave?
My first suggestion would have been octave with its audio processing packages. But csound can do graphic outputs as well, rendered to PS and/or PDF IIRC. I'm pretty sure that other synths of Csound's power can do likewise.

If it doesn't have to be commandline, have you had a look at Fons Adriaensen's tools? I know that there are some good analysis tools. Perhaps one of them can do the trick? Since they're graphic, I never investigated them though.

Good luck and sorry for the limited info...

Ta-ta
----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain