[LAU] music made with Linux+Ardour -- "demonstrate"

Ffanci Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Mon May 30 21:53:36 UTC 2016

Wayne DePrince Jr., May 27 2016:
>  finally, i would appreciate any comments: technical, creative, proper email
> etiquette, whatever!  thanks sincerely in advance for taking the time to
> read/listen.
Hey hey Wayne,
good work! I like the performance, it sounds effortless. The arrangements as such are pleasant and comfortable on the ears and my musical ideology. :) The vocalists, in particular, are a joy to listen to. The rest of the performance seems terribly well in time.

I'm afraid that my praise can't be that uncritical on the production. Some pieces have rather transparent mixes and some instrument groups always agree with me. The drums though rarely do. The snare often appears to over emphasize some mid range frequencies and the overall drum mix sounds unbalanced. the same goes for the organ in many mixes. I'm sorry to say that it is tiring for my ears, because of its high volume. It suppresses the vocals sometimes. Also the acoustic guiar(s) in one or two pieces sound a little mid heavy, though I don't mind them so much, since you mentioned recording it "in giro". Probably, the same should go for the drums. On the other hand the vocals always sound so clear and lovely. Ver balanced and clear. Also, the bass is mixed in beautifully. Unobtrusive, but noticeably there.

Inspite of less-than-friendly criticism on the production, it's a pleasant album, enjoyable to listen to, even though it's not my usual style of music. Thank you for sharing! I hope that you will go on composing and sharing your music.

Ta-ta
----
Ffanci
* Homepage: https://freeshell.de/~silvain