[LAU] [OT] Looking for symphony with good counterpoint or independent voices

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Nov 1 12:59:59 UTC 2016

Hey hey,
sorry to ask this here, but I'm not very familiar with 19th century music,
which is what I'm interested in. I know that this list harbours some
connaisseurs of classical music. :)

I'm looking for symphonies with good examples of independent voices or
counterpunctual techniques. So far I've looked at Beethoven's 9th, Mahler's
1st, Dvorak's 9th and even Mozart's Jpiter symphony. But the wealth of
information online is too much to delve into it without more keywords.
Unfortunately, "symphony" is also well-liked term for a lot of sites dealing
with classical music in general.

So, if someone could suggest more works, or composers, which are famed for
their strong, parallel voices, I'd be very grateful.

If I should try to restrict this research further - or get lost with it
completely -, please let me know as well.

Thank you and

best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3