[LAU] RT kernel

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Nov 4 10:50:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 10:35:12 +0000, Yassin Philip wrote:
>Thanks, nice procedure, quite straightforward (what would be the
>differences in "the Ubuntu way"?) But I was really hoping to be able
>to automate all this, alas the menuconfig phase always require human
>intervention... Is there really no way to just (de)select the options
>you need, programmatically?

I don't know how to do it the Ubuntu style. They build something that
installs an "abi" file,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/BuildSystem/ABI . I didn't read this.

Btw. I don't have in mind what you need to install, to get the tools to
build a kernel. I always install build-essential and things like sthis
for my installs.

Maybe
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile
is helpful, I didn't read it myself.

Don't worry, building the Debian style is done by many experienced
Ubuntu users.

I forgot to mention something very important:

https://www.kernel.org/category/signatures.html

You not necessarily need to do this to build a kernel, but you most
likely want to do this verifying.

Regards,
Ralf